Using lubricating oils on vehicles improves their overall functioning and operation. Engines that are properly lubricated put less strain on the moving pistons, allowing the vehicle to operate more fuel efficiently in the long run. Using lubricating oil prolongs the use of the vehicle and minimizes the wear and tear.
Keeping an engine and its components clean is important because dirt build-up damages the engine. Changing your oil regularly ensures your engine remains in good condition and it protects the integrity of the engine as well as its surrounding components.
Oil protects your engine by:
- Cleaning dirt and debris from the engine
- Preventing corrosion and rust
- Cooling engine components so that your vehicle won’t overheat
- Improving gas mileage. Poor engine lubrication can lead to increased fuel consumption
How to Choose the Correct Oil for Your Engine
Choosing the proper oil for your engine begins in the owner’s manual to see what is recommended. Often, owners mistakenly believe that all lubricants work in the same manner. While it may be more costly, choosing a higher quality oil helps your engine run smoothly.
While you may think that choosing a cheaper oil is satisfactory if you change your oil more frequently, cheap oils usually have protective properties that don’t last as long in comparison to a slightly more expensive oil. So, while you may be paying less initially, you pay more in the long run.
Some Factors to Consider When Choosing the Correct Oil:
- Viscosity; this refers to how resistant a fluid is to flow. Viscosity is noted by “XW-XX,” where the number before the “W” rates the oils flow at 0 degrees. The lower the number, the less likely it is to freeze in colder temperatures. The numbers after the “W” refers to how likely the fluid will thin at 100 degrees Celsius. The lower the number, the more likely it will thin out faster.
- What kind of oil have you used in the past? If your vehicle runs efficiently, it may be unnecessary to change the kind of oil you’re using.
- How old is your vehicle? The age of the vehicle can impact the kind of oil you use.
- Is your vehicle’s engine worn out? If the mileage is high on your vehicle, a high-mileage oil may be the right fit for your vehicle.
- The climate. Multi-weight oils cover a range of temperatures, which is great for transitioning from hot to cold climates.
Roma Lube Ltd, a division of Roma Fuels Ltd, is an Authorized Distributor and proud supplier of Shell, Pennzoil and Quaker State Lubricants. Lubricants come in a wide range of types and knowing what you need is important.
Roma Lube provides engine oils and lubricants for many different applications, including:
- Automotive engine oils
- Fleet engine oils
- Commercial engine oils
- Industrial Lubricants
- Lubricants for Construction Equipment
- Engine Oils (Gasoline and Commercial)
- Synthetic Oils
- Hydraulic Oils
- Transmission Fluids
- Industrial Gear Oils
- Marine Oils
- Aviation Oils
- Specialty Oils
- Bulk Lubricants
Lubricants are available in package sizes ranging from 946ml jugs, 3x5L jugs, 18.9L pails, 208L drums or bulk delivery.
We promise our customers peace of mind by providing top-quality lubricants that help to maintain equipment uptime and keep costs down.
An experienced and qualified technical lube advisor will assist you with on-site lubrication audits, technical evaluations, problem analysis, and bulk lubrication equipment sales.
At Roma Fuels Ltd, we can help you choose the correct lubricant for your engine. We take quality very seriously and we strive to give our customers the best possible products backed by exceptional service.
Get a free case of lubricants with your first order! Contact us today to find out more or give us a call at 1-877-656-4189.